From Dany Dhondt <archeme...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [LOGO] Robert Cesaric
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:46:53 GMT
Jeffry,

What logo do you mean? A search on FedEx logo didn't show me an arrow..

Dany

Op 16-jan.-2012, om 20:43 heeft Jeffry Houser het volgende geschreven:

>  At some point; should someone say:
>
> "Fedex already has an arrow in their logo between the E and the X and we should probably
avoid using that same approach with Flex"

> On 1/16/2012 2:36 PM, Dany Dhondt wrote:
>> Robert,
>>
>> I agree with Jeffry concerning the arrow pointing down; + The rectangle logo needs
some more simplifying to get a real icon look.

>> Concerning the logo variations you sent: the bottom logo in the second column, with
the unaltered X and the arrow not cutting through the L is WAY BETTER I believe. The arrow
is now stylized but still very recongnizable. The logo gets more 'icon' feel than before.
This looks great.

>> Dany
>>

>> Op 16-jan.-2012, om 20:23 heeft Robert Cesaric het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> Dany, I uploaded the designs I as tinkering around with.  Take a look at the
bottom logo in the second column:  http://cesaric.com/apache/flex/Flex_Logo_Designs.png.
I think that's the variation you mentioned.  I didn't want to carpet bomb the contest with
different versions so I forced myself to choose one.  I'm torn but if anyone else agrees on
that variation, I'll be happy to change my submission.

>>> I think a lot of us saw the implementation of using the capital 'F'&  'E"
of FLEX as a way of blending the lettering and design together.  I wasn't opposed to a lowercase
'flex' but similar to Doug McCune's remark, I couldn't make it work in an enterprise way either.
 Not that it can't be, I'm just not that good ;-)