From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Apache Flex 3.7 - my planned mega-patch
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:42:39 GMT

more difficult for people to upgrade from Flex 3 to 4. So I abandoned the >idea.

>However, our discussed idea of an extensible architecture has also had to be largely abandoned
too. The AVM just isn't up to the task sadly. So it looks like we are >stuck with gigantic
classes with lots of private members.

>David.

David,

I haven't. I think we should have a larger discussion in terms of AOP style conventions at
some point. I still think we can make the code more viable even if it makes compilation more
difficult. I do understand others concerns with this approach too and the idea of whether
it is even ActionScript anymore, but I think this is the best way forward for the problems
we are trying to solve and using this VM.

Mike

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.