From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: metadata
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 19:58:08 GMT
There was a compiler change a while back. Basically, if a library forces a given piece of metadata
to be kept, then that setting is inherited by the project. So, when flexunit forces [Test]
to be kept in the library, all projects that include flexunit's swc get that setting

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Schmalle [mailto:mike@teotigraphix.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:21 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: metadata

Quoting Martin Heidegger <mh@leichtgewicht.at>:

> @Michael: Wasn't there some kind of compiler change regarding this?
> I can't properly recall it.
>
> However: As far as I know: the standard meta tags (like bindable) do
> get compiled into the code and are readable with describeType. swfs
> are readable like external files with the proper tools, which is why
> swc inspection works in FlexBuilder, FDT, etc. If you put them in an
> external file you'd make it easier to tamper and break running code.
>
> yours
> Martin.

The Bindable etc, are included in the main build.

whiteboard/frameworks/build_framework.xml

In the core, framework and mx targets.

<compc ...
    <keep-as3-metadata name="Bindable"/>
    <keep-as3-metadata name="Managed"/>
    <keep-as3-metadata name="ChangeEvent"/>
    <keep-as3-metadata name="NonCommittingChangeEvent"/>
    <keep-as3-metadata name="Transient"/> </compc>

As far as the compiler change, I don't know.

Mike

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.