From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Spark StringValidator
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:11:23 GMT
It can be solved and I did solve it. I just can't solve it in a way that is super performant
yet without a lot of supplemental data (like a Unicode table).

By looking at the code point, you can determine what is a character... to an extent there
is some argument here on what is truly a glyph.

-----Original Message-----
From: Omar Gonzalez [mailto:omarg.developer@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 3:15 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark StringValidator

I see what you're saying, same holds true for latin characters and accented characters like
ñ. Its an interesting problem, not sure it can be solved at the moment. Will have to write
some tests tonight and play with this.

-omar
Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.