From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Falcon compiler source code / Falcon architecture
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:01:37 GMT
Alex any movement on this?

My hope is still that Adobe will donate this thing and finish development in the open. It
would send a strong commitment to Adobe wanting to work with the community.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 1:29 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Falcon compiler source code / Falcon architecture

The goal is to donate Falcon before it is done, but it won't be before we want to cut some
release from our Flex podling.  Yes, Falcon looks like it could make your build script run
twice as fast, but it won't be the 10x the early prototypes showed for incremental compiles
from the tool.

One the other hand, MXMLC could compile twice as fast if it was compiling a more modular framework
and less stuff to think about.

I fully expect Falcon to become available and a major factor in the long run.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.