From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Spark StringValidator
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:43:19 GMT
Well, unfortunately we don't have everything we need to make it work properly.

The biggest problem is length. Let's say you have a limit of 30 characters with a String value.
The way the String class works is it counts Unicode code points. Unfortunately, many times
(especially in languages like Arabic) it might take a dozen code points to make one character
on the screen.

This means that setting a limit of 30, would allow the user to type in 2 characters....

Kind of problematic,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Omar Gonzalez [mailto:omarg.developer@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 10:46 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark StringValidator

Thanks everyone for feedback, it's appreciated.

@Carol - Thanks for checking, good to know I'm not reinventing the wheel...
At least wheels coming from Adobe that is.

@Michael - I was wondering about what exactly I'd have to hook into last night as I was reading
GlobalizationValidatorBase, but it was 2 am and it was the first time I'd seen this class,
my previous validators are MX. Did you ever figure out how it ties in? I'm going to mess with
it some more tonight.

-omar
Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.