From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Spark StringValidator
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:48:46 GMT
As an FYI, I did a lot of work in this area. Some of the globalization APIs are not evolved
far enough to do it completely correctly, but we can discuss our efforts whenever anyone would
like

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Frampton [mailto:cframpto@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 9:44 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark StringValidator

Omar,

I just took a look and no new validators have been written since Flex 4.6.
 A spark DateTimeValidator (and Formatter) which was locale aware was planned but not started.

Carol

On 1/16/12 7 :14AM, "Carlos Rovira" <carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

>Great Omar! :),
>
>I think Alex or Carol should give a clue if some work on this was
>already started on the Adobe side to avoid duplicate efforts.
>

>2012/1/16 Omar Gonzalez <omarg.developer@gmail.com>
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I wanted to get started in my whiteboard area tonight so I was going
>>to  convert one of my custom validators to Spark when I noticed 4.6
>>still  didn't even have a basic StringValidator port from the MX one,
>>so I whipped  one up real quick. Really I just wanted to start my
>>whiteboard area, so I  didn't bother to check if there was already one
>>that I haven't seen or  updated to, but my Flash Builder 4.6 didn't
>>seem to bring up any code hints  for a Spark based StringValidator.
>>This is just a first iteration as I'm  still learning what the
>>GlobalizationValidatorBase needs implemented so I'm  taking advantage
>>of whatever new features it brings to the Spark  validators. I'd love
>>to hear feedback, good and bad!
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1231917
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -omar
>>

>--
>Carlos Rovira
>Director de Tecnología
>M: +34 607 22 60 05
>F:  +34 912 35 57 77
>
>CODEOSCOPIC S.A. <http://www.codeoscopic.com> Avd. del General Perón,
>32 Planta 10, Puertas P-Q
>28020 Madrid

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.