From Paul Evans <paulev...@creative-cognition.co.uk>
Subject Re: Petition: Flash Catalyst must survive
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:22:55 GMT

> On 1/10/12 10:25 AM, "Jonathan Campos" <jonbcampos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But if someone wants to go create an AIR based FXG/MXML skin editor, more
>> power to them.
>
> Or build their own Eclipse plug-in.  Adobe will not bring back FC.  If
> enough folks in the community want something like it, they are free to start
> building it.

* Something of a challenge without the Ps and Ai import code - i can't see us getting our
hands on that? - or having enough hands to maintain it if we do.

* We'd need to know if fxg will remain an export option from the CS apps going forward.

If those two source formats are aren't available, another route might be to explore developing
on an extension and/or templates for Flash Authoring - at least it will benefit from Ps and
Ai import.

- random thoughts