From Tink <f...@tink.ws >
Subject Re: First Flex release as soon as possible? (was: So, what should we do first?)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 21:56:12 GMT
On 6 Jan 2012, at 19:39, Michael Schmalle wrote:

>> Just a suggestion so take it for what it's worth:
>>
>> If you own your code, I'd suggest checking it into the whiteboard
>> area
>> of svn so everyone can see it. Then try to formulate your thoughts on
>> it in a mailing list post.
>>
>> Yes things can happen much more efficiently in an audio or video chat
>> and some things are just downright impossible to express on a mailing
>> list. But if you can share it here then everybody can participate,
>> whereas if you do it on your own then submit it here, you've
>> automatically excluded some folks from the discussion.
>>
>> Note that I'm not saying offline meetings are banned or excluded, but
>> please do everything you can to make sure the entire community is
>> involved in the process.
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Sounds fine to me, it's Tink's code base that will be the basis of
> the navigators.
>
> So all he needs to do is commit it to the innovation area ( :) ) and
> I will make my notes, post them on the list and others can do the
> same.
>
> Just getting used to the water.
>
> Mike

Makes sense

I've stripped the navigator and it's dependencies out of my lib and
put it here http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/flex/whiteboard/navigators/

I know not everyone will be using FB, but I've left the FB specific
files in there for ease of setup, as it needs the manifest and
defaults.css to compile.

The name space and packages would obviously need to change if
accepted, but I haven't done anything about that for now.

I'll try and get some examples up on Sunday and then get something
written up over the coming week to post here, or maybe I'll post about
parts bit by bit?

Be good if someone has the time to know that it compiles ok.

Tink