From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Preparing for JIRA
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:29:04 GMT

On Jan 13, 2012, at 12:12 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> We’re still waiting for JIRA to get set up (and yes, we are still waiting for legal
to clear the source code).  But in investigating what it will take to transfer the current
JIRA issues to Apache, I found this article [1].
> It talks about username conflicts as being a major pain.  To try to reduce pain and expedite
the JIRA transfer, I am seriously considering changing the authors of all current issues to
something like “AdobeFlexSDK”.  If I can, I will take the original author and add it to
the comments or a custom field or something like that.  I’m also looking for a field to
store the original Adobe issue number as well.  Doing so might then invalidate the way comments
are managed, so I might also take all current comments and concatenate them into one long
comment submitted by AdobeFlexSDK as well.  Similarly, the person who submitted attachments
may also become AdobeFlexSDK with no reference to who submitted it.

> Also, Flex JIRA issues have lots of custom fields that I expect Apache JIRA won’t have.
 I don’t know if we’ll be able to get the same fields and we probably don’t really need
most of them.  Let me know if you feel like there is some field other than the obvious (steps
to reproduce, date, version) that needs to be preserved.

Perhaps make these extra fields into comments?

Regards,
Dave