From "Frank Pepermans" <frankp...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: DataGrid perfomance
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:09:13 GMT
Unfortunately I'm also stuck with huge data grids in my current project,
performance is the number one issue, and having spent so much time on it, it
is hard to say it's "as good as it gets".

I have to use complex editable custom item renderers.

- I started out using the Spark grid
- Then transformed all the mxml to as for my item renderers, an obvious
choice, but it greatly reduces flexibility and development speed.
- Since I use Spark, and thus the TLF, I altered my code so that
RichEditableText would only render when the user focuses on an item
renderer, by default it's using a plain Label.
- Still too slow, so I went further creating a very simple grid component
myself.
- Then I started swapping the read only Label view from above, with the good
old Flash TextField.

And that's where I'm at now :)

The amount of resources needed to just generate even a simple ItemRenderer
is enormous!

I'd love a good grid component like many others do, hopefully we'll get the
core Flex code improved somehow.