From Rick Winscot <rick.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FLEX Logo Sketch
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 21:58:05 GMT
It's true we've come a long way with technology... but there is one _major_ consideration for
the final logo. It needs to bode-well on a t-shirt. ;-)

Cheers,

Rick Winscot

On Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Erik Lundgren wrote:

> > does it look good scaled down and in grayscale?
>

> Hi Peter, Jonathan & Jun
>
> Thanks for your input!
>
> Up until recently I only made simple logos with few colors. This design is indeed complex,
built on fine grained shades in color. Why?

> In my day-to-day-work I've found out that information technologies actually are good
enough to cheaply cope with complex designs.

> The ordinary office-printer prints complex logos beautifully. Logos can be deployed to
big buildings in multicolor to the same price as binary black/white.

> To me its important that a logo delivers its best value in its main medium. Our main
medium is the digital screen, a medium where complexity are handled beautifully and where
I believe visual richness actually are expected.

> Still there may be valid concerns regarding the design.
>
> I've tried to scale the logo to say width 200 px. Works fine if you do some work making
sure edges are pixel aligned.

> The thing I'm most worried about is the "horizontal" orientation of the sketch. How to
make a twitter avatar out of it? How to make a favorite-icon? That may need some work, or
a brand new design.

> I don't worry to much about the complexity of the logos design. Information technology
is on our side!

> What I worry about the most is this: Does it capture our vision for the work we're about
to do? Does it make me passionate? Would it make other people passionate about our work?