From Paul Evans <paulev...@creative-cognition.co.uk>
Subject Re: Petition: Flash Catalyst must survive
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:55:10 GMT
sorry, i don't think i can sign that

On 10 Jan 2012, at 17:01, Dimitri k. wrote:

> Sales were poor. People already voted with their wallets.

There is a hole in work-flow that catalyst-like functionality would fix, but imo:

* I don't think it should ever have been a commercial product - selling something extra to
fill a hole in a workflow between your other tools doesn't sit well.

* If anything I think it should have been Fb design view - developer orientated rather than
designer orientated

* probably should have been a component skinning tool rather than application slicing &
prototyping tool? - I think I heard one of the spoon guys articulate this point far more eloquently
recently.

* I suspect there are many reasons it couldn't have been open sourced - the code for importing
and rendering Ps and Ai layers I'd guess would be very commercially sensitive.

I think it was on the edge of becoming useful. I only used it a couple of times.

With catalyst, gone, I'm wondering if the days are also numbered for FXG export from the CS
apps? :-/