From Rick Winscot <rick.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex SDK code conventions
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:10:07 GMT
Yes, past history should be preserved ( I'm not recommending that formatting be done prior
to the first commit ).

For clarification... after the initial commit of the SDK ( in its current state to preserve
historical comparison - lets call this rev100 ) the source can be re-formatted to conform
with established conventions. Formatting changes would then be committed at rev101 - this
revision is the gold-standard moving forward. With that...

# developers can diff between revision rev000 - rev100 without issue
# developers can diff between revision rev101 - head without issue

If, by chance, developers need to diff between rev50 and rev200... all they have to do is
take rev50 and format it which should give them an approximation of rev101. If there is any
question - they can always do a three-way compare of rev50 (re-formatted), rev101, and rev200.
Having one person do the re-formatting after the repository is in place... and committing
the re-formatting changes in _1_ commit is the key.

Am I missing something?

--
Rick Winscot