From Marcus Fritze <marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Logo contest round #2
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:11:12 GMT
Sorry for my late response but I had to sleep (I live in another timezone :-) ).

First of all, I think we all should thank the people who have submitted a logo! This was very
good work.

@Kitashima Tomo

We should not be disrespectful to the people. It's not good when someone is saying that other
people are laughing about this work.

So you / they are laughing about the submitted logos? Do it better and submit your own logo!!!!

I am not a good designer, so I happy with the logos that were submitted so far and I am not
laughing about the people!

(Sorry, but this had to be said)

@Jeffry

Here are my personal opinions about the 3 logos:

#49:	As you mentioned in another mail: Yes, I also see a fallen "F". And this isn't a good
symbolic about the Apache Flex project.
		But the color effect (the red with a little bit orange) looks VERY VERY VERY GOOD!!!! And
the reflection is nice. Good job!

#42:	Looks good but I don't like the baby-blue color. Maybe we should try the #42 with the
red-orange colors from #49. An attempt would be worth it.

#40:	My personal favorite logo. I think this really reflects the "enterprise" ambitions of
the Flex SDK. Reliability, stability, clean, not to much glitter and colors only straight
forward.... Every dot is part of a whole package. And all things are working together very
well.
		This logo reminds me a little bit of the Apple Xsan logo. I don't understand why this logo
was not chosen by the PPCM members (only 2 votes for this logo, but it has almost as many
community votes). Maybe it's too late, but I would include #40 into the next round. What are
the opinions of the members about logo #40? Why wasn't the #40 not included in the 2nd round?

(I have already voted #42 in the 2nd round)

Thanks for reading!

Greetings from Germany

Marcus

Am 24.01.2012 um 02:21 schrieb Jeffry Houser:

> On 1/23/2012 7:54 PM, Marcus Fritze wrote:
>> I have some opinions about both logos, but I don't want to share this here now, because
I will not influence the vote. Unfortunately I'm not on the PPMC  members mailing list.