From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: Flex 5 UIComponent - Behavior Pattern
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:32:22 GMT

On 1/24/12 10:20 AM, "Haykel BEN JEMIA" <> wrote:

> I'm curious to see your work Alex. Were you able to do some performance and
> memory tests with your prototype?
> Haykel
Further back in this thread I stated that the prototype was not faster
because of 'interstitial' costs: the cost of adding an additional function
call to get to the subobject that actually does the work.

I think you have to give up on something: backward-compatibility, keeping
certain high-bandwidth 'behaviors' baked in', memory footprint, in order to
get gains.

Or do something more clever like figuring out how to do post-process
optimization of the SWF that can set up tail-call optimizations and reduce
the interstitial cost.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.