From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Automation] Could we loose automation for legal or business reasons?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:26:19 GMT

On 1/23/12 2:46 PM, "Tink" <flex@tink.ws> wrote:

> I'd like to know if the status is
>
> complete (spark components etc)
> legal (automation etc)
> development (falcon etc)
> idle (not sure if we have any idle, which is why this list would be
> useful, but anything that Adobe plan to contribute, but there is no
> active progress).
>
> Including things like the status of Adobe having donated the name
> 'Flex' as well would be good to be included.
>
> Would something like that be feasible (Alex, Carol?), and be useful
> everyone else?
I would prefer not to have to divert energy to maintain a status page.  If
it isn't in Apache, it is held up by some business, legal or logistical
reason, and an hour after updating the status can be rendered obsolete by
some new discovery or development.

I had a meeting with a pretty high-level Adobe person yesterday and there is
still desire to work out the kinks on all of these issues.  It is simply a
matter of time.  Please be patient.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team