From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: playerglobal.swc version build issue
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:13:54 GMT

On 1/23/12 8:42 AM, "Rick Winscot" <rick.winscot@gmail.com> wrote:

> So... moving forward... the near-term success and stability of Apache Flex
> will be dependent upon how well we keep step with Flash Player releases.
Adobe is only promising to support Flex on a particular SWF version number.
I think it is 13.

The player has 3 versions, the public name (Flash Player 11 or Flash Player
11.1), which consumes a particular SWF File Format version (the latest is
10), and runs APIs based on the SWF version.  So, Flash Player 11 runs SWF
Version 13 or lower and supports SWF File Format 10.  If we move beyond
that, we are on our own.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team