From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Trace & Log
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 06:42:59 GMT

On 1/19/12 7:09 PM, "Martin Heidegger" <mh@leichtgewicht.at> wrote:

> If I wanted to profile my application I would use a profiler. However,
> Logging can be used for profiling but is just one of various use-cases
> and its not a important one. If you wish I could list the others, but in
> short:
>
> Basically its three things I _want_ to change:
>   1) Doing what logging does, just more _granular_. Granulate to methods
> or files.
>   2) Doing what logging does, just with _less coding_  for the _user_.
> Granulate without currently needed boilerplate code.
>   3) Doing what logging does, just more _verbose_. Show where the
> particular log statements have been originating from.

I'm still lost.  That is a description of what you want to do, but not why.
If not profiling, what do you want to know about the framework code that
requires a release player?

A debug SWF has file and line number information in it.  Would it be
sufficient to simply remove some of that information so it only has
information at method entry points?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team