From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for JIRA
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:30:55 GMT
Update:  In an attempt to simplify the migration of issues from Adobe JIRA
to Apache JIRA, I am seriously considering not migrating votes and watchers.

In addition, as I previously proposed, all bugs will be created by some
fictitious user like AdobeFlexSDK (and resolved and/or closed by the same
person as well).  I will attempt to cram all previous history into a single
comment field including prior number of votes, original reporter, SDK bug
id, etc.

We should be able to migrate the list of components and public versions (and
steps to reproduce).  All bugs will be unassigned.

Yes, that means that folks will have to vote and watch their favorite bugs
again.  I realize that is a pain, but it will sort of give us a more recent
poll of what the project members want.

Anyway, let me know if you think we need to preserve votes and watchers.

-Alex

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team