From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: Flex - lightweight event handling
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 21:09:46 GMT

On 1/16/12 12:50 PM, "" <> wrote:

> I'm wondering what people think about a more lightweight event model for
> Flex, something like Robert Penner's AS3 Signals.
The current model, with capture and bubbling, I think works well for the
display list and interactive events.  And since it is built into the player,
I can't see us replacing it.  A second model for more lightweight
notifications and broadcasting might lead to confusion, but I think it would
be worth it.

I have not looked at Signals.  I'm unclear on whether we can use it and or
whether it is optimal or just faster than the current model.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message