From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Overly large classes (was Flex incubation on Apache as Opensource)
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 05:19:01 GMT

On 1/15/12 6:07 PM, "Michael A. Labriola" <labriola@digitalprimates.net>
wrote:

> Disagree with you there. Spark is far from perfect but as someone who also
> develops components every day I much prefer to problems of Spark over the
> lets-do-everything-through-inheritance mx world.
And that is the conundrum.  Composition is way more flexible and should save
on development time and runtime memory, but MXML uses an inheritance model
and in a completely composed architecture, the modification of the behavior
requires modifying the internal pieces (or choosing a different composition)
which is not a good workflow for MXML.

Me, I will be exploring composition and seeing if we can build out
tools/utilities and patterns to assist with the modification issues.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team