From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: What about Cairngorm 3?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:26:27 GMT

On 1/12/12 1:40 AM, "Sebastian Mohr" <masuland@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will Apache Flex only be responsible for managing
> the Flex SDK or will Apache Flex also be responsible
> to define "Best Coding Practices" to build sustainable
> Flex apps?
>
> Some guys on this list seem to dislike that Apache Flex
> should be responsible to define "Best Coding Practices"
> for Flex, which IMHO I think is wrong.
The title of such a document is too vague.  What matters is what content it
contains.  For sure, the dev list should sort out where curly braces should
go so the code in the project is as uniform as possible.  Somewhere on our
website or wiki should be some helpful tips to folks using the code in the
project.  I wouldn't want to see much beyond that under the title "Best".
It might be useful to have a series of articles on how folks built out apps
so others can see the range of possibilities and choose one that best fits
them.  I don't think it is right or worth the time to settle on a particular
practice.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team