From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: ActionScript and Apache Flex
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:00:28 GMT

On 1/11/12 2:38 AM, "Dirk Eismann" <bortsen@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I think I saw some JIRA issues in the Adobe JIRA some time ago where
> folks talked about how they enhanced the mxmlc / asc compilers to
> evaluate metadata at pre-compile time to emit code. The same could
> happen with custom language additions.
I'm definitely interested in a "pre-processor" phase.  I just think it would
be best if everything was describable in ActionScript as we know it today.

For example, method overloading might be achievable by a pre-processor
phase.  But I would do it in a way that resolves to decorated method names
on the class, not by clever bytecode manipulation.
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team