From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: IRC Channel link on website?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 23:07:17 GMT

On 1/10/12 2:56 PM, "Greg Reddin" <gredbug@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> I'm not liking it, and have no plans to use it.  I would think we would set
>> up a flex-user mailing list instead.
>
> Perhaps the word "official" is problematic. It's not really official
> because it's not supported by Apache.
Yes, at minimum, I would like the word "Official" removed.

> Certainly any "official" user
> traffic would need to go to a mailing list, but a separate discussion
> channel is fine as long as no decisions are made there. Many other
> projects have IRC channels (Struts for instance).

What kinds of things get discussed on Struts IRC?  Is there an archive that
is searchable?  I'm worried about confusing folks about what gets discussed
where.  I thought there was a convention of having a project-user mailing
for folks need help using the release of a project.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team