From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: Petition: Flash Catalyst must survive
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:29:19 GMT

On 1/10/12 2:18 PM, "Jonathan Campos" <> wrote:

> I guess more of a simple execution. But that is besides the point. I'm more
> interested in your thoughts to a newer component model. I would want to get
> a few people going in the same direction on that.
I think I am going to put off that discussion for a while.  I'm fully booked
trying to get Flex source into Apache, and them I'm out of the country for a
couple of weeks in early Feb.

The basic idea is that our design goals have changed significantly since
Flex 3, and we should design a framework for those new goals and sacrifice
some backward compatibility.  Trying to carry all of our legacy forward is
probably not going to make it successful.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message