From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Petition: Flash Catalyst must survive
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:29:19 GMT

On 1/10/12 2:18 PM, "Jonathan Campos" <jonbcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess more of a simple execution. But that is besides the point. I'm more
> interested in your thoughts to a newer component model. I would want to get
> a few people going in the same direction on that.
I think I am going to put off that discussion for a while.  I'm fully booked
trying to get Flex source into Apache, and them I'm out of the country for a
couple of weeks in early Feb.

The basic idea is that our design goals have changed significantly since
Flex 3, and we should design a framework for those new goals and sacrifice
some backward compatibility.  Trying to carry all of our legacy forward is
probably not going to make it successful.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team