From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject BlazeDS
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:39:07 GMT
Adobe promised to contribute BlazeDS to Apache.  The question is: should it be its own project?
 Or should we just check it into the Flex code base somewhere?  I’m asking on this list
to see who on this list would want to contribute to the BlazeDS code.  It isn’t clear that
it has a strong enough community to survive on its own.  It does have bunch of Java code,
but then, so does the Flex MXMLC compiler.   It is outside of my area of knowledge so I wouldn’t
be making many contributions (I would probably donate a lazy XML decoder which I wrote a while
back), but how about the rest of you?  Note that Blaze does appear to have dependencies on
code in the Flex framework.

Mentors, what criteria would you use to determine if Blaze should be its own project?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team