From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: First Flex release as soon as possible? (was: So, what should we do first?)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:31:27 GMT

On 1/6/12 9:48 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <mike@teotigraphix.com> wrote:

> Not to beat a dead horse here but by far dealing with the Navigators,
> Tink has put more time into his navigator frameworks than I.
>
> Tink, I would love help get that stuff passed for review if you know
> of anything that needs work. As well, maybe think of implementing a
> couple of the things like close policy if yours don't have it.

It would be great if you two could coordinate on what to contribute.

>> I guess I'd like to put my navigators forward for review as well
>> then  to. They include...
>>
>> Navigator, DataNavigator, NavigatorGroup, DataNavigatorGroup
>>
>> ...which are all ISelectableLists so can be used as dataProviders to
>>  ButtonBars (so you can easily make a TabNavigator) and can use any
>> of  the following layouts...
>>
>> StackLayout, CarouselLayout, CoverflowLayout & AccordionLayout.
>>
>> The layouts can also be used with any other component in the SDK
>> that  layouts can be set on.

Folks have an immediate need to replace mx:TabNavigator and mx:Accordion and
have it work well with the Spark Skinning workflow.  We're about 80% done,
if you are more than that, I'd be willing to defer to you.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team