From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: Flex mobile components
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 07:06:35 GMT

On 1/5/12 6:38 PM, "Brent Arnold" <> wrote:

> This is something that's been bothering me lately, and since many Adobe
> Flex people are on this list, I wanted to get your feedback.
> 1. If Adobe is no longer developing Flex, but Adobe wants to continue
> promoting/developing AIR for mobile, but all of the mobile components
> are written in Flex, what is the future of mobile AIR components from
> Adobe?
Mobile AIR Components are being donated to Apache

> 2. Will we continue to see new mobile Flex components from Adobe?
No, but I hope to see some from Apache

> 3. Will we see AS3 mobile components from Adobe (rather than built in Flex)?
No.  Adobe is not planning to develop new components outside of Apache.

> 4, When they promote future AIR mobile content, will they reference any
> new Apache Flex mobile components that we develop?
No way to know for sure.  4.6 has a pretty good set of components already.
I would bet if Apache Flex makes some really great mobile components, they
will, since it will help AIR.  Adobe has been promoting Jquery for HTML for
a while now.  I think it is roughly the same model.

> Anyway, just wondering how that's all going to shake out.
It will totally depend on how well Apache Flex works as a community.
> Brent

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.