From Bogdan DINU <flex.programm...@gmail.com>
Subject Flex 5 UIComponent - Behavior Pattern
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 08:32:30 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have a suggestion regarding how Flex 5 UIComponent class should work.
Please read this <http://www.badu.ro/?p=202> and
this<http://www.badu.ro/?p=204>in order to understand what I mean.

I think that this approach will solve not only the compatibility issues
that we might encounter, but also automation (besides many many other
things), create lightweight and powerful components with less memory usage
and add a very flexible way to create new components.

I've seen this technique is often used in games. Saw it implemented in Ben
Stucki's Reflex framework <https://github.com/reflex/reflex-framework> and
in Michael's Schmalle tkarchitecture<http://code.google.com/p/tkarchitecture/>
.

Please let me know if you know any drawbacks that you can foresee.

Best regards to you all,
Bogdan

--
http://www.badu.ro