From Doug Arthur <dougart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Logo contest round #2
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:43:52 GMT
On Jan 24, 2012 10:35 AM, "Jonathan Campos" <jonbcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Doug McCune <doug@dougmccune.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I did initially want to avoid that and I probably should have
held my
> > tongue. I only said something after people on list were asking for
details
> > about what people had against particular logos. So looking back I
shouldn't
> > have said anything and just simply kept my mouth shut.
> >

> I disagree. This is a mailing list and people should be allowed to have
> their opinions. If this was an announcement from Apache Flex as an entity
> then I could understand it being devoid of opinions and feelings. But we
> are people, Apache Flex isn't. So we can state our opinions.
>
> I'm surprised I haven't seen more lobbying for any specific logo.
>
> --
> Jonathan Campos

I can agree with this too. Discussions and opinions are good, and should
NOT be discouraged. What I was specifically avoiding was swaying voters in
the initial vote thread. I also think some of this discussion should happen
out of the vote thread, which looks like is the case now.

In regards to my comments for Doug McCune, it was just a response to
Florian. Did not mean to say he should have kept his mouth shut. :-)

- Doug