From Doug Arthur <dougart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 17:09:13 GMT
On Jan 8, 2012 10:02 AM, "Doug Arthur" <dougarthur@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2012 9:32 AM, "Mihai Ene" <dkrandu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > You cannot use an anonymous submission platform (like a blog, Twitter
or personal websites) because every user who submits materials needs to
sign the apache ICLA
> > Thus, i am afraid that the mailing list remains the only option so far.
> >
> > Mihai Ene
> >

> Good point, but that sucks. It's a good medium for exposure, and everyone
has access to that platform without extra sign up efforts.
> - Doug
>
> Including the mailing list, as private communication is discouraged.
Sorry if it was just an oversight.

I have another thought about this. Why can't they use a public medium, and
if it's the one accepted, that one person signs an ICLA? Surely we're not
going to hamper entries by requiring all entrants to sign an ICLA up front?
Or, would it be acceptable to put it in the entry contest rules that their
submission constitutes the signing of the ICLA, like other contest states
they have rights to your submissions for promotional purposes?

- Doug