From Dirk Eismann <bort...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Flex modularity through composition and interfaces
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:23:07 GMT
true, we may not need a new framework to do DI in Flex, there are plenty of
DI frameworks.

But what we DO need in the core Flex classes is the ability to inject
dependencies directly into the classes instead of having the classes create
their dependencies themselves (in worst case statically or inside private
methods).

So in essence, we'll e.g. need setters to inject LayoutManagers,
ResourceManagers, WhatNotManagers etc. (and yes, these could also be typed
against a common interface ;-)

Dirk.