From Dirk Eismann <bort...@googlemail.com>
Subject Stubbing playerglobal.swc API
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:36:56 GMT
Just wondered if we could circumvent the issues with hosting and
downloading playerglobal.swc by just stubbing the needed classes by
using native function declarations. This way we could link against the
stubbed as files and would not need to link against the swcs.

E.g. for the playerglobal flash.display.DisplayObject class we'd need
to stub the API in a handmade flash.display.DisplayObject class with
all properties / methods marked "native"

  public native function get accessibilityProperties():AccessibilityProperties
  public native function set
accessibilityProperties(value:AccessibilityProperties):void

  public native function
getBounds(targetCoordinateSpace:DisplayObject):Rectangle;

and so on.

I'm sure this should work technically. Not sure about license issues, though.

Dirk.