From Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 14:08:33 GMT
I think if we want to get some buzz out there and captivate some
professional logo maker's attention to get its vision and proposals about
Apache Flex, we should get accesibles the contest to the people who work
all day in this subjects. So, maybe to post the contest in some of the
communities that are focused on design logos and graphics could bring to
the board some interesting logos and icons to show and select.

As well, we should promote this contest through all mediums (blogs,
twitter, facebook, ...) and give a startin day and a end day.

Makes this sense?

Carlos Rovira

El domingo 8 de enero de 2012, Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicholas@spoon.as>
escribió:
> I like the idea, but from what I remember, almost all of the 99designs or
> crowdspring ideas are paid.  Non-paid ones usually don't get much traction
> on those sites...
>
> -Nick
>
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Michael Schmalle <mike@teotigraphix.com
>wrote:
>
>> Those that voted, read this and give your opinion.
>>
>> Any mentors willing to read this and answer by Sunday? I would like to
get
>> this discussed quickly before I commit anything on the site.
>>
>> I just think this might have slipped through the cracks, interesting
>> thought.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> Quoting Jeffry Houser <jeffry@dot-com-it.com>:
>>

>>>  Here are a few mixed thoughts:
>>>
>>>  I wonder if a site like Crowdspring or 99designs would be a suitable
>>> venue for a contest like this?  I believe it would get the contest in
front
>>> of folks who are more design oriented than most programmers; and already
>>> have built in facilities for voting on results and a crowd of interested
>>> designers.
>>>
>>>  Here is the CrowdSpring project I used to design the DotComIt logo at
>>> CrowdSpring ( http://www.crowdspring.com/**project/68345_logo-for-**
>>> software-development-company/<
http://www.crowdspring.com/project/68345_logo-for-software-development-company/>)
and a direct link to our formal RFP:
>>> http://files.crowdspring.com/**project_file/68416_Logo%**
>>> 20Design%20RFP%20V0.3.pdf?**AWSAccessKeyId=**
>>> AKIAI3LSG4ZVTVQPOWJQ&Expires=**1328400000&Signature=**
>>> gPjeSzynul8KQCB6y4S1Wh%2Fudw0%**3D<