From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:04:41 GMT
Just a little background -- there is a lot that goes into setting all this
stuff up -- essentially, we were very far down the road of setting up the
same infrastructure that Apache is now providing us when Adobe made their
announcements.  In short, it blind-sided us.  We had to sit back, look what
was happening (and how everything was changing minute-by-minute) and decide
where our role would best fit.  Our conference call on the 2nd will help
clarify all of this.

Basically, Apache is doing the code stuff -- stuff it does really well.
 But there is a LOT more to the Flex eco-system that currently has a huge
void to fill.  These are all the functions that Adobe filled previously.
 While before we were all about making the SDK public and open-source, we
will now be focusing on community engagement and community support.
 Changing our role to that methodology is taking some time with our limited
volunteer resources.

We don't want to sound secretive, but with the landscape (and Adobe's
team/leagal/evangelism) changing what is and isn't happening on a
day-by-day basis, we didn't want to make any large proclamations or invite
the community into a project that would be dead from the start.  Having
things well organized and well planned was our goal -- so that the
ecosystem and customers on the edge could rely on the info we gave them.

-Nick