incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: jira task to decide on Apache Flex version number needed
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 18:08:46 GMT
I would expect Adobe to make any patches, security or otherwise, to the
Apache codebase and release based on that.  That way we don't get an Adobe
fork of the framework that has different code, different features or
different security configurations.  If these changes are made here, then
there will be no reason to reserve any version numbers -- they would be
in-line with what the /community/ is working on.

I realize that you have support contracts with existing customers, but
these changes NEED to happen in the Apache SVN.  Again, if a bug is
squashed on the Adobe side, and the community is working on the same issue,
we are all wasting our time (and later the merges will eventually become
incompatible).

-Nick

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:

>
>
> On 1/18/12 12 :01PM, "Omar Gonzalez" <omarg.developer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I think we have to assume there
> >will be a security fix that Adobe will need to apply to 4.6.x at some
> >point
> >eventually, no?
>
> Yes.  Adobe is not planning a 4.6.x release but you need to leave them the
> space to do that if there is a need for one.
>
> I don't think Apache should use 4.6 or 4.6.x for that reason.
>
> Carol
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message