incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Greg Reddin <>
Subject Re: jira task to decide on Apache Flex version number needed
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:56:27 GMT
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Omar Gonzalez
<> wrote:
> Updates and changes done by Apache that are still based on the 4.x
> architecture should probably fall under 4.7.x, which would retain also the
> original "spark.components..." namespace.
> Then if/when we make major feature additions or architectural changes we
> can move to Flex 5.x, at which point we can revisit the possibility of
> moving the namespace over to "org.apache.flex...".

I like this approach. We start with an incremented number that would
not conflict with anything Adobe wishes to release. We then increment
the major version number with API-breakage changes.


View raw message