From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRC Channel link on website?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:52:39 GMT
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Tink <flex@tink.ws> wrote:
> I'm not saying this shouldn't be done, but shouldn't this go through some
> kind of vote process/discussion?

Discussion is good if we need it. I don't think a vote is necessary in
this case unless there appears to be differences of opinion among the
PPMC members.

> The channel now says its the "Official Apache Flex Channel" but no-one has
> really commented on that yet have they, except Bertrand with concerns. Does
> Apache Flex require IRC?
>
> That said I do think IM speeds things up, but it would be very difficult to
> make sure nothing is decided there after some good discussion.

Nothing will be decided there. If huge changes are committed that were
not discussed on the list someone will veto the commit and the
discussion will happen here.

I'm ok with the patch and the IRC channel as-is. I'm not watching the
channel, but I will be watching the list, so it will be clear if
decisions come about that were not made here.