From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:05:03 GMT
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Doug McCune <doug@dougmccune.com> wrote:
> Unless I'm mis-remembering the talks from the Flex Summit (which may very
> well be the case), I thought Apache would only accept donations to Apache
> as a whole and not to specific projects? So for example, if I wanted to
> give a bunch of cash that would fund the creation of Flex t-shirts, or that
> would pay stipends to speakers at a Flex-only conference, can Apache play a
> role in that? Pretty sure this exact question was brought up around Apache
> sponsorships and the answer was that giving money to Apache meant giving
> money to Apache (and not to help any specific project).

I think it's true that Apache does not accept targeted donations.
That's where an org like Spoon could help - targeting material and
monetary contributions related to the Flex project. Of course, since
it's a separate org we will have to work out the details about use of
the marks, etc. It's not something I want to get into right now
because I don't know enough to have a coherent discussion about it :-)

Greg