From David Buhler <davidbuh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:57:31 GMT
It appears as though a Mobile Form Factor takes into consideration
screen-coordinates for controls. The remaining properties are common
accessibility approaches on a Desktop/Browser application.

"Hints" is similar to the Flex Frameworks's "accessibility.description".

Apple's VoiceOver documentation has the concept of a 'frame', or
'coordinates'.

The UI Accessibility programming interface defines the following attributes:

   -

   *Label*. A short, localized word or phrase that succinctly describes the
   control or view, but does not identify the element’s type. Examples are
   “Add” or “Play.”
   -

   *Traits*. A combination of one or more individual traits, each of which
   describes a single aspect of an element’s state, behavior, or usage. For
   example, an element that behaves like a keyboard key and that is currently
   selected can be characterized by the combination of the Keyboard Key and
   Selected traits.
   -

   *Hint*. A brief, localized phrase that describes the results of an
   action on an element. Examples are “Adds a title” or “Opens the shopping
   list.”
   -

   *Frame*. The frame of the element in screen coordinates, which is given
   by the CGRect structure that specifies an element’s screen location and
   size.
   -

   *Value*. The current value of an element, when the value is not
   represented by the label. For example, the label for a slider might be
   “Speed,” but its current value might be “50%.”"

Note: I would assume the smaller component set of a Mobile Form Factor
makes a mobile device easier to build accessible components for (fewer
components to make).

I wonder if one can write an ANE to communicate between AIR and VoiceOver
on iOS?