From David Francis Buhler <davidbuh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report due tomorrow
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:47:03 GMT
Below is my proposed board-report-draft for
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012.
---------------------------------------

Apache Flex is a community-driven evolution of an Enterprise Actionscript
Framework.
(incubating since 12/31/2011)

The Top three items to resolve before graduation:
1) To improve the stability of the Apache Flex Framework by closing out
known issues.
2) To improve the speed of the Apache Flex Framework.
3) To clarify our long-term direction and vision.

Are there any stumbling blocks that impede the podling?
-We currently have some legal issues standing before us, related to code
that may or may not be donated to the Apache Flex project by the original
contributor (Adobe). Adobe is currently looking into whether or not certain
pieces of their original framework can be donated. If those pieces cannot
be donated, the Apache Flex community will seek alternatives or defer to a
later date a possible replacement.
-We have some small Infrastructure issues related to a porting of JIRA
issues that we are currently resolving.

The following has been completed since our incubation:
-wrote an AIR application to dump the history of the framework files. We
need to complete this task to move files to the Apache infrastructure.
-working on migrating the Adobe Flex JIRA database to the Apache Flex JIRA
database.
-chose an Apache Flex logo

What are the plans and expectations for the next period?
-We expect to define our objectives for the first micro release (4.7).
Subsequently, we expect to define which parts of the Adobe Flex Framework
will or will not be donated to Apache Flex.
-We expect to introduce a FAQ page to clarify common mailing-list messages
and to simplify getting other contributors involved.
-We plan to port most of the remaining code from Adobe to Apache.
-We plan to port existing JIRA tickets from Adobe to Apache.
-We expect to develop our initial whiteboard prototypes to communicate our
suggested solutions to known issues.