From Peter Elst <peter.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On splitting communities and non-code committers (was: Apache Flex community website)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:44:23 GMT
> I fully agree with Bertrand, especially in the early stages of a project.
> If the project evolves in such a way that specifics needs arise that would
> justify the creation of an external website, I'd say we *could* split the
> content in several sites. But doing that from the onset will create a
> sensation of divide that is not favorable for community building.

Have to agree too, not sure if there is ever a benefit to split a project
across different sites - perhaps a user focussed community site, but still
think the preferred way to handle that is to get them on the Apache
mailinglist and project site.

I think there's a need to keep things as simple as possible for people who
are already confused with whats going on with the move to Apache. Having
multiple sites would only add to that and could come across as a
splintering of the project.

On a side note here, would it be possible / advisable to have a note on the
Flex incubator site about Spoon and its goals and vice versa?

Take care,
Peter