From Peter Elst <peter.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:31:10 GMT
> I know the Spoon guys have stated on several occasions that its all open
> etc... but really, its not. The "monthly" newsletter was sent in November,
> its been 2, going on 3, months since the "monthly". No one really knows
> what the agenda is except for the core officers, and it just feels like
> there's a bunch of things going on over there that should be happening on
> this list as opposed to some secret hiding place where only but a few can
> listen in.

I've been holding back getting into this discussion but to be frank I feel
the same - I know Spoon will be playing by the Apache rules and won't do
anything intentionally to hurt the community. There is something about the
semi-open approach and a limited group of people driving the agenda that I
find a bit worrying.

Would it be possible to have Spoon use Apache infrastructure like a section
on the wiki for example to document what is going on and let people
contribute?

I'm a bit worried Spoon would become synonymous with Apache Flex for the
wider community. There are some high profile Flex developers that will no
doubt make incredibly valuable contributions but would not like to see them
becoming the de facto decision makers.

Spoon is probably also getting settled in and getting used to the new
situation of Flex at Apache so don't want to hold this against them, just
make sure the relationship is clear for everyone involved.

- Peter