From Peter Elst <>
Subject Re: Logo Contest information
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:03:18 GMT
> Are you saying that in order for Apache Flex to succeed - everything
> everyone does needs to be pro-bono?
> To that, I say, "There is no such thing as a free lunch."

I understand what you're saying, but do you see this different as say a
committer contributing code? We're all enthusiastic volunteers wanting to
support the project, would be careful about setting a precedent for certain
things deserving compensation.

There's nothing stopping us from making a gesture to whoever makes the
winning design but wouldn't make it a given or make that an incentive for
people to contribute.

- Peter