From Chris Martin <windo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jira task to decide on Apache Flex version number needed
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:56:34 GMT
We use the year approach in our software, but in terms of identifying
major releases we always end up referring to the last number which
never resets as the years pass.  I never caught on to the "date"
versioning method. Everything gets a date stamp anyways.  I too like
the idea of continuity from the previous 4.6 version, so the new one
would be 4.7  I also agree with Jeffry about having version numbers
hold more meaning.  Like "wow that's version 3 so it's missing
features x, y, and z.

Chris Martin
InfoSol Inc.