From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN SSH Keys
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 10:37:00 GMT
On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Omar Gonzalez
<omarg.developer@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Maybe the "Setting up SSH" section on http://www.apache.org/dev/new-**
>>> committers-guide.html<http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html>
would help

> ...I've read through that and I'm stuck on uploading the public key. I don't
> have a .ssh folder in my folder and when I created one and placed my public
> key in the folder I still had to enter a password when submitting a commit.
> Are there any more specific instructions that anyone knows about?...

I *think* our svn requires passwords sent over HTTPS, usually your
client asks for a password the first time you use a new repository.

You could also ask on infrastructure@apache.org to check what the
current status is (and please let us know if you do).

SSH keys work for ssh myself@people.apache.org, not sure if they're
used for anything else that committers do.

-Bertrand