From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On splitting communities and non-code committers (was: Apache Flex community website)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 08:10:42 GMT
Hi Sandeep,

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Sandeep Gupta <sandy.pec@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...You mentioned that we may commit by evangelizing, writing docs and
> tutorials etc... which I kind of agree with.
>
> However, being a non-commiter I do not have access to Wiki to write - I do
> not have access to code to write method documentation and else. How do I
> contribute in such ways - Am I missing something here?...

We don't have a wiki for Apache Flex yet - we can request one, the
Flex PPMC members [1] only need to decide if they want a MoinMoin or
Confluence one as it's what the ASF currently offers.

If Flex absolutely needs another tool, it's possible to get a virtual
machine to run pretty much anything we want on it, as long as this
PPMC agrees to take responsibility for that.

> Is there some other way to submit our contributions to Apache when we are
> not amongst one of a commiter - in the hope that one day we will be :)...

Anyone can submit svn patches against the Flex codebase, once that's
imported under http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/ which
should happen in the next few days.

The usual process is for people to create a JIRA issue and attach
their patch to it, we'll need to explain this at
http://incubator.apache.org/flex/get-involved.html

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/flex/team.html