From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: any svn experts out there
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:04:03 GMT

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:
> Yup, but not enough disk space right now to do that.  And even if we were
> to get that we would have to eliminate all the files that we aren't
> allowed to give to ASF.  With careful filtering it might be possible to do
> that but it would be tricky with all the branches to get that right...

I'm not an svn expert but if you want to get the full history yet
exclude some files, starting from the full dump that you have, the
logical way seems to be:

1) Filter that dump to keep only /flex
2) Filter the result to remove the full history of all unwanted files

Note that the software grant from Adobe includes a .txt file with the
list of all files that are contributed - this should allow for
implement 2) with a script, if svndumpfilter allows for eliminating
individual files (as opposed to folders) from the dump.

If you don't have enough disk space on the machine that hosts the big
dump, you might transfer it to a box of yours which has more space, in
chunks of 1GB of less, created with dd, copying and deleting one chunk
at a time (using a script of course;-) to minimize disk usage on that
box.

-Bertrand