From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Flex source code - timeline for the initial code contribution
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:07:41 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> It looks like we can get an svn dump.  Some questions though:
>
> 1) Some of our svn history contains references to revisions as in: "syncing
> rev 12345 to trunk" or "reverting 12345".  My understanding is that these
> revision numbers will no longer reference anything useful once the dump is
> imported.  How have other projects managed such a thing?...

I don't think we can keep the same revision numbers when importing
into the Apache svn repository.

Would it be possible to keep the existing Flex repository online
"forever" in read-only mode, in case people need to look at those
revisions? That's probably the easiest thing.

The current ASF svn revision number is 1227318, so people would know
that revisions before that are from the Adobe Flex repo (which I
assume has less revisions than that ;-) and from that number on it's
the Apache repo.

> 2) Similarly, our JIRA bugs reference svn revisions as in "fixed in rev
> 12345".  How have other project managed this?...

The revisions problem is the same than above I assume.

Are you thinking of importing the current flex JIRA data imported into
the Apache JIRA as well?

That might be possible but we'd need to check with the ASF infra team.

-Bertrand